Integrated Circuit Design (TUM Asia)
Regelstudienzeit (in Semestern)3
Kurzbeschreibung des StudiengangsThis Master of Science in Integrated Circuit Design programme is jointly awarded by Technische Universität München (TUM) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU). The programme is conducted in Singapore at TUM Asia. TUM Asia is TUM’s only offshore campus that is situated in the heart of Asia – Singapore (Singapur). TUM Asia is a full subsidiary of TUM and is an international extension of TUM, to provide TUM degrees in Asia, in cooperation with top Asian universities like NTU.
The international Master of Science in Integrated Circuit Design aims to educate the next generation of engineers and entrepreneurial leaders for the fast moving semiconductor industry. The programme contents ranges from analog, digital and mixed-circuit design over architectural concepts for integrated circuits to design methodology and automation. Product manufacturing and packaging are also addressed. Integrated circuit design is also placed in a broader context, e.g. by teaching fundamental concepts of signal processing which are at the core of today’s communications circuits. Students will also be taught essential non-technical topics such as product marketing, international management, patent law and aspects of culture and globalization. This will be mainly done by highly qualified freelancers from our industry partners. Upon successful completion of the programme, students will be awarded a joint Masters degree from NTU and TUM.
This programme makes it possible for students to obtain a degree with both Asian and European perspectives, creating graduates that are global-ready and globally employable.
Costs:~34,000 Singapore Dollars (21,000 EURO)
For more information, download our brochure here: http://tum-asia.edu.sg/admissions/programme-brochures/
Qualification profile (of the graduate)
Graduates from the joint TUM-NTU Master of Science in Integrated Circuit Design programme will:
- Be technically skilled and knowledgeable on in-depth knowledge in Integrated Circuit Design, with a focus on both the architectural concepts for integrated circuits and the design methodology and automation of circuits
- Graduates can choose to enter the industry to work in IC Design Engineer roles or in research where they continue as Research Associates/Doctoral Candidate (for PhD)
- Graduates typically obtain employment in countries like Singapore, Germany and India, with others opting to return to their home countries to work
Essential core modules include:
- Digital IC Design, Analog IC design
- System on chip Solutions & Architecture
- Design Methodology and Automation
- Digital Signal Processing
- Mixed Signal Circuit Design
- Laboratory work: Digital IC Design and Analog IC Design
- RF IC Design
- IC (Integrated Circuit) Packaging
- IC Marketing/Business/Management
- Advanced MOSFET & Novel Devices
- Embedded Systems
- Simulation and Optimization of Analog Circuits
StudiengangIntegrated Circuit Design (GIST-TUM Asia)
PraktikumA compulsory internship (3 months) and Master Thesis (6 months) is required after the successful completion of coursework. The internship and Master Thesis may be undertaken at a company, institute or university, in Singapore, Germany or the rest of the world.
Bewerbung und Zulassung
BewerbungStudents are required to meet the Admissions Requirements after which they can submit their Online Application via www.tum-asia.edu.sg and then send TUM Asia their hardcopy documents, together with the application fee. Once the result is released, TUM Asia will release the result via email to the student. If the student is offered a place, he/she will receive a Letter of Offer.
StudienbeginnWinter semester: August each year
BewerbungszeitraumNov. 1 - March 31 (of intake year)
Weitere Informationen zum Bewerbungsverfahren (Link)http://tum-asia.edu.sg/admissions/graduate/application-process/
Information | Beratung
Studienfachberater/inGeneral enquiries : email@example.com
Allgemeine Studienberatung (Link)http://portal.mytum.de/studium/studienberatung/
Studien- und Prüfungsordnung
PrüfungsinformationenThis is a 20 month full-time Programme. Students must complete 11 months of coursework with 3 months of internship placement and 6 months of Master Thesis / Dissertation to qualify for graduation. In order for a student to graduate on time, he/she must obtain a minimum overall CAP score of 4,0 or below and CGPA score of 2.50 or above.