Transport and Logistics (GIST-TUM Asia)
Regelstudienzeit (in Semestern)4
Kurzbeschreibung des StudiengangsThe Master of Science Programme in Transport and Logistics (TL) conferred by Technische Universität München (TUM) will provide graduates with the necessary knowledge and skills to successfully master the challenges faced in the areas of transportation, logistics and/or railway engineering.
Our students will learn how to analyze and assess the various traffic scenarios of the different transport modes and how to find appropriate solutions. Students will learn how to design and operate modern transport systems including integrated inter-modal management systems. Students are able to choose from 3 different specializations: Logistics, Railway Engineering, and Transport in this Masters programme.
This programme is a research and application focused programme that runs for 18 months* (3 semesters). Students will complete 15-18 modules, comprising of a minimum of 10 core modules and 5 specialized electives in semesters 1 and 2. Each module has 45 lecture hours. In semester 3, a 2-month internship and a 6-month master thesis will be carried out. The internship and the master thesis can be undertaken either at TUM, or at a company in Singapore or Germany.
Those who select the Railway Engineering specialization will do one extra semester (6 months), undertaking Railway Engineering based modules in Munich, Germany at TUM’s campus. Railway Engineering students will require 24 months to complete the programme. For more information, download our brochure here: http://tum-asia.edu.sg/admissions/programme-brochures/
Qualification profile (of the graduate)
- Be technically skilled and knowledgeable on in-depth knowledge in modern transport and logistical systems, with a focus on either Transport, Railway Engineering or Logistics
- Graduates can choose to enter the industry to work as a Transport Analyst, Air Freight Analyst, Logistics Analyst, Import/Export Coordinator, Transport Engineer or more
- Or continue in research institutes as Research Associates/Doctoral Candidate (for PhD)
- Graduates typically obtain employment across Europe and in Singapore, with others opting to return to their home countries to work
The Master of Science in Transport and Logistics is a full-time research and application focused programme that runs for 18 months (3 semesters), or 24 months (4 semesters) for those selecting the Railway Engineering specialization.
Students are to complete a series of Core Modules and then Specialized Modules (with a list to choose from).
Core Modules (required for all students)
- Statistical Methods for Transportation and Logistic Processes
- Traffic Impacts, Evaluation of Transport and Logistic Processes
- Basics of Traffic Flow and Traffic Control
- Transport and Urban Planning
- Highway Design
- Soft Skills
- Introduction to Business Logistics
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- Decision Support for Logistics Management
- Cross Discipline Modules
- Traffic Operation and Control (ITS)
- Transportation Modelling and Simulation Tools
- Rail Transport and Rail Planning
- Trackworks I
- Trackworks II (Urban Rail Focus)
- Train Control and Signalling Systems
- Rolling Stock
- Soft Skills
Field of activity / profession
Today, 20 of the top 25 global logistics players conduct their operations in Singapore. Most of them, like DHL, Kuehne + Nagel, Schenker and UPS, have set up regional headquarter functions in Singapore. Singapore is connected by 200 shipping lines to 600 ports in 123 countries. Singapore is also connected by 178 kilometers of track spanning across 128 train stations. This requires a pool of professionals who are experts in managing and improving modern transportation and logistics systems.
StudienaufbauTransport and Logistics
StudiengangTransport and Logistics (GIST-TUM Asia)
PraktikumThe 2 months internship and 6 months master thesis may be undertaken either at TUM or in a company in Singapore/Germany.
Bewerbung und Zulassung
BewerbungVisit www.tum-asia.edu.sg. Students are to apply via TUM Asia’s Online Portal before mailing their application documents to TUM Asia in Singapore.
Infos zum Eignungsfeststellungsverfahrenhttp://tum-asia.edu.sg/admissions/graduate/admission-requirements/
BewerbungszeitraumNov. 1 - March 31
ZulassungsbescheidMay - June
- Submit two (2) copies of Official / Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificates and two (2) copies of Official or Provisional Academic Transcript (Documents must be a certified true copy or notarised / attested copy format)
- Submit two (2) different recommendation letters from Professors or Employers
- Submit one (1) A4 page Letter of Motivation that indicates the reason(s) you are interested in the programme you applied for
- Submit one (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submit two (2) Passport-size photographs and one (1) Passport Biodata Page photocopy (the page with your personal particulars)
- Proof of English Proficiency – TOEFL / IELTS / CAE* (Required for applicants whose native tongue or medium of instruction from previous studies is not in English)
- Requirements for TOEFL: Minimum 605 for the Paper-Based test / 234 for the Computer-Based test / 88 for the Internet-Based Test / IELTS: Overall IELTS results of at least 6.5 / CAE (Certificate of Advanced English): Grade A, B or C
- Akademische Prufstelle (APS) certificate (Required for ALL applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
To find out more about the application procedures, please visit http://tum-asia.edu.sg/admissions/graduate/application-process/
Information | Beratung
Studienfachberater/inWrite to us at email@example.com to find out more about our programmes.
Allgemeine Studienberatung (Link)http://portal.mytum.de/studium/studienberatung/
Studien- und Prüfungsordnung
PrüfungsinformationenThis is a 18 month full-time Programme. Students must complete 10 months of coursework with 2 months of internship placement and 6 months of Master Thesis / Dissertation to qualify for graduation. In order for a student to graduate on time, he/she have to complete all 120 ECTS credit with a pass.