Aerospace Engineering (TUM Asia)
Course of studies
Duration of study (semesters)4
Description of course of studiesThis Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering programme is jointly awarded by Technische Universität München (TUM) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU). The programme is conducted in Singapore at TUM Asia. TUM Asia is TUM’s only offshore campus that is situated in the heart of Asia – Singapore (Singapur). TUM Asia is a full subsidiary of TUM and is an international extension of TUM, to provide TUM degrees in Asia, in cooperation with top Asian universities like NTU.
This joint degree serves to provide graduates with an in-depth knowledge in the field of Aerospace Engineering, focusing in the areas of aeronautical and space design and research.
The programme is jointly taught by academia from NTU and TUM, who have extensive experience in the latest trends in research and education as well as in global industrial product development and management. The non-technical subjects are taught by experts from the industry, from Asia and Europe alike. Lectures will be held across TUM Asia‘s and NTU‘s campuses in Singapore. Students who have passed all examinations will be awarded a joint Master degree from TUM and NTU.
This programme makes it possible for students to obtain a degree with both Asian and European perspectives, creating graduates that are ready for the global-ready and globally employable.
Costs: ~40,000 Singapore Dollars (or 25,000 EURO)
Qualification profile (of the graduate)
Graduates from the joint TUM-NTU Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering programme will:
- Be technically skilled and equipped with in-depth knowledge in Aerospace Engineering, with a focus on either 1) Aerodynamics & Propulsion; 2) Structures, Materials & Systems or 3) Flight Mechanics & Control
- Graduates can choose to enter the industry to work as Project Engineers, Research Engineers, Mechanical Design Engineers, etc.
- Or continue in research institutes as Research Associates/Doctoral Candidate (for PhD)
- Graduates typically obtain employment in countries like Singapore, Germany, Switzerland and China, with others opting to return to their home countries to work
Major fields of studyProgram structure
Core modules include:
- Flight Performance and Dynamics
- Structures and Materials
- Advanced Mathematics
- Design Lab
- Aerospace Lab
- Business and Technical English
Focus Area 1: Aerodynamics and Propulsion
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Turbulent Flows
- Boundary Layer Theory
- Turbo Compressors
- Plates and Shells
- Fracture Mechanics and Non-Destructive testing
- Carbon Fibre Composite Materials
- Lightweight and Aerospace Structures
- Failure Analysis Diagnostics and Prevention
- Advanced Flight Dynamics
- Flight Control Systems
- Advanced Control of Flight Systems
- Spacecraft Technology
- Aspects of European and Asian History and Culture
- Cultural, Social and Economical Aspects of Globalisation
- International Intellectual Property Law
- Selected Topics in Business Administration
- Selected Topics in Management Methods