Aerospace Engineering (TUM Asia)
Regelstudienzeit (in Semestern)4
Kurzbeschreibung des StudiengangsThis Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering programme is jointly awarded by Technische Universität München (TUM) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU). The programme is conducted in Singapore at TUM Asia. TUM Asia is TUM’s only offshore campus that is situated in the heart of Asia – Singapore (Singapur). TUM Asia is a full subsidiary of TUM and is an international extension of TUM, to provide TUM degrees in Asia, in cooperation with top Asian universities like NTU.
This joint degree serves to provide graduates with an in-depth knowledge in the field of Aerospace Engineering, focusing in the areas of aeronautical and space design and research.
The programme is jointly taught by academia from NTU and TUM, who have extensive experience in the latest trends in research and education as well as in global industrial product development and management. The non-technical subjects are taught by experts from the industry, from Asia and Europe alike. Lectures will be held across TUM Asia‘s and NTU‘s campuses in Singapore. Students who have passed all examinations will be awarded a joint Master degree from TUM and NTU.
This programme makes it possible for students to obtain a degree with both Asian and European perspectives, creating graduates that are ready for the global-ready and globally employable.
Costs: ~40,000 Singapore Dollars (or 25,000 EURO)
For more information, download our brochure here: http://tum-asia.edu.sg/admissions/programme-brochures/
Qualification profile (of the graduate)
Graduates from the joint TUM-NTU Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering programme will:
- Be technically skilled and equipped with in-depth knowledge in Aerospace Engineering, with a focus on either 1) Aerodynamics & Propulsion; 2) Structures, Materials & Systems or 3) Flight Mechanics & Control
- Graduates can choose to enter the industry to work as Project Engineers, Research Engineers, Mechanical Design Engineers, etc.
- Or continue in research institutes as Research Associates/Doctoral Candidate (for PhD)
- Graduates typically obtain employment in countries like Singapore, Germany, Switzerland and China, with others opting to return to their home countries to work
Core modules include:
- Flight Performance and Dynamics
- Structures and Materials
- Advanced Mathematics
- Design Lab
- Aerospace Lab
- Business and Technical English
Focus Area 1: Aerodynamics and Propulsion
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Turbulent Flows
- Boundary Layer Theory
- Turbo Compressors
- Plates and Shells
- Fracture Mechanics and Non-Destructive testing
- Carbon Fibre Composite Materials
- Lightweight and Aerospace Structures
- Failure Analysis Diagnostics and Prevention
- Advanced Flight Dynamics
- Flight Control Systems
- Advanced Control of Flight Systems
- Spacecraft Technology
- Aspects of European and Asian History and Culture
- Cultural, Social and Economical Aspects of Globalisation
- International Intellectual Property Law
- Selected Topics in Business Administration
- Selected Topics in Management Methods
StudiengangAerospace Engineering (GIST-TUM Asia)
PraktikumThe 2 months internship and 6 months master thesis may be undertaken either at NTU, TUM or in a company in Singapore/Germany.
Bewerbung und Zulassung
BewerbungStudents are required to meet the Admissions Requirements after which they can submit their Online Application via www.tum-asia.edu.sg and then send TUM Asia their hardcopy documents, together with the application fee. Once the result is released, TUM Asia will release the result via email to the student. If the student is offered a place, he/she will receive a Letter of Offer.
Infos zum Eignungsfeststellungsverfahrenhttp://tum-asia.edu.sg/admissions/graduate/admission-requirements/
StudienbeginnEarly August each year
BewerbungszeitraumNov. 1 - March 31
ZulassungsbescheidMay - June via E-mail
- Submit two (2) copies of Official / Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificates and two (2) copies of Official or Provisional Academic Transcript (Documents must be a certified true copy or notarised / attested copy format)
- Submit two (2) different recommendation letters from Professors or Employers
- Submit one (1) A4 page Letter of Motivation that indicates the reason(s) you are interested in the programme you applied for
- Submit one (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submit two (2) Passport-size photographs and one (1) Passport Biodata Page photocopy (the page with your personal particulars)
- Proof of English Proficiency – TOEFL / IELTS / CAE* (Required for applicants whose native tongue or medium of instruction from previous studies is not in English)
- Requirements for TOEFL: Minimum 605 for the Paper-Based test / 234 for the Computer-Based test / 88 for the Internet-Based Test / IELTS: Overall IELTS results of at least 6.5 / CAE (Certificate of Advanced English): Grade A, B or C
- Akademische Prufstelle (APS) certificate (Required for ALL applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
To find out more about the application procedures, please visit http://tum-asia.edu.sg/admissions/graduate/application-process/
Information | Beratung
Studienfachberater/inWrite to us at email@example.com to find out more about our programmes.
Allgemeine Studienberatung (Link)http://www.tum.de/en/studies/advising/student-advising/
Studien- und Prüfungsordnung
PrüfungsinformationenGraduation Criteria for the Master Programme
This is a 24 month full-time Programme. Students must complete 16 months of coursework with 2 months of internship placement and 6 months of Master Thesis / Dissertation to qualify for graduation. In order for a student to graduate on time, he/she must obtain a minimum overall CAP score of 4,0 or below and CGPA score of 2.50 or above.