Every year, the Bavarian Elite Academy promotes up to 30 highly qualified students from all fields of study available in Bavaria as part of an additional, 3-term qualification program, which is held parallel to the regular study program/Master's (M.Sc.) degree course. The aim is to develop students' personality and leadership qualities through
- seminars and workshops
- interdisciplinary project work, supervised by tutors from industry and research
- an executive-level, personal mentor from a Bavarian industrial company for every student
- a top-level internship/work experience abroad arranged by the sponsoring firms (optional).
The Bavarian Elite Academy is financed privately by Bavarian industry and works closely with the universities.
The deadline for applications is December 15 of the year in question, the application process being divided into three phases: online application, written application and assessment centre. Apart from a student's academic qualifications, the selection committee attaches particular importance to the following traits:
- a highly developed sense of voluntary, social commitment
- multidisciplinary academic interests, creativity, work experience at home and abroad, scholarships, distinctions
- intercultural experience and a competent level of linguistic ability
- plus the inner drive to assume industrial leadership responsibilities.
Please take care with the comprehensive, time-consuming application documents (an essay on a set topic, testimonial written by a referee at the university concerned, etc.).Further details are available under: Bayerische Elite-Akademie GmbH
Tel.: +49 89 218890-810
Fax: +49 89 218890-89
The referees for the BEA (Bavarian Elite Academy) at the TU München can be found on the website of the
Bavarian Elite Academy: http://www.eliteakademie.de/universitaeten.html